Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another Faaaaast.

So for the past month I've been playing around with my eating habits. I mean I didn't make it to Regionals, so now is the time to fool around with training and eating. Did a 3 day juice fast about three weeks ago, was horrible, glad I did it, but very mentally tough. Then the following week I did a 24hr fast. Not bad at all, felt great the next day and was able to kill a big SWOD and met con at CFP. Today I am doing my second 24hr fast. Its convenient to do them while I'm on shift at station 12, that way I can continue my 2 on one off training schedule, but it can be very tough when every time I fast these guys are eating pizza. Big cheesy, NY style pizza, with garlic bread and wings and soda. If I was eating I wouldn't be fazed, but when I'm purposely starving myself in the name of fitness, and the vainess of my six pack, it can be torture. I do well be just going into the weight room, do some stretching, or reading. Had a cheat meal Friday night which taught me a lesson. Meal consisted of fresh cut and fried potato chips covered in blue cheese, sliced chicken, and balsamic reduction, then some bread with butter, salad with Italian dressing, and a big juicy bacon cheeseburger with french fries, and glass of red wine. Tasted amazing, and was just a little too much food, but felt happy. An hour later I was sweating, cramping and feeling like I should have the two finger dessert. Was able to tough it out and fall asleep, but realized that for almost a year I've been semi Paleo, and for 6 months I've been strict with small cheats, and recently I've been 100% Paleo. And I just can't go all out with a meal without feeling some sort of repercussions. Sucks!!! So I'm fasting, and will start off tomorrow with a big, but clean breakfast , and kill a WOD and set a PR with my 5x5 back squat. I Fucking love CrossFit. I has made me a stronger, faster, more aware human. It still changes my life and amazes me to this day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Strong comittement. If & when I make driver I'm going to st.32. If I can't get there I will be your driver @ 12 & then were in it to WIN it & you won't be by yourself w/ it!! Ironiclly enough today I'm polishing up my diet. It wasn't bad but it could be better. Mostlly Zone but not enough total food. Abmat situps = 6 pack for me. Good Luck buddy. Keep bloggin & I'll keep readin'.

    ReplyDelete